A step-by-step Indian Butter Chicken recipe. This is the best Indian butter chicken recipe ever. But can you guess how this delicious curry originated? Of course, this is not traditional Indian food.
Butter chicken is a modern Indian dish that originated in Moti Mahal in Delhi in the 1950s, according to Madhur Jaffrey (we always do this!). But within a few decades, it quickly became a popular dish. After taking a bite of the deliciously spiced tomato cream sauce and the tender chicken cooked with it, it is not difficult to understand why butter chicken has risen from a kitchen experiment to an absolute staple. We are fascinated by this dish. We even adjusted the recipe to a slow cooker. But today we are focused on preparing this dish in an equally simple way-say hello to our beloved Butter Chicken, which cooks quickly and easily in a pan on the stove! The entire process takes less than 30 minutes and (of course) only requires you to preheat a frying pan.
Tips for Butter Chicken
- You can use canned, fresh, or mashed tomatoes. I took three tomatoes and filtered them with half a cup of water to puree them.
- You can use almonds instead of cashews, or you can skip nuts altogether and add more cream.
- You can also use leftover tandoori chicken or tikka chicken to make butter chicken.
- Soak the kebabs to prevent the wood from burning. Wet sticks will not be ignited by direct flames.
- Roasting chicken on direct flame is optional because it requires extra time and effort. So if you skip that, you can cook and smoke the chicken without skewers and follow the rest of the recipe as is.
- The chicken smoked step is necessary to obtain the best flavor.
Simple Butter Chicken Ingredients
It’s easy to guess the two ingredients of Indian Butter Chicken, isn’t it? Butter-yes, butter chicken contains butter-and chicken! But what’s next? Unlike many Indian recipes, Butter Chicken can be completely original without any special spices! Although we like any excuse to try cooking with new herbs and spices, we also like being able to easily recreate our favorite restaurant recipes at home, and Butter Chicken provides an easy way for those who are just starting to make Indian dishes at home. List of ingredients used. This is everything you need to make this butter chicken recipe:
- Olive oil
- Yellow onion
- chicken soup
- Garam Masala
- Boneless and skinless chicken breast
- Lemon juice
- Heavy cream
How to make Indian Butter Chicken Recipe
- Soak the kebabs in water for at least two hours. (This kebab is only needed if you are grilling chicken on a direct flame, or you can skip it.)
- Wash the chicken, dry it, and cut it into pieces. Put all the chicken ingredients in a bowl. Mix the chicken well and marinate for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Chicken skewers on wooden sticks.
- Boil the chicken on high heat for 7-10 minutes until the water is dry. Turn both sides of the chicken skewers over.
- Using two tongs, place each skewer on a direct flame and cook for 1-2 minutes until black grill marks appear. (This step of direct flame cooking is optional.)
- Smoke the chicken by placing hot red coal between the chicken. A few drops of oil dripped on it. Close the lid immediately to catch the smoke. Cover the lid when preparing the broth.
- Heat butter in the same frying pan. Add tomato puree, tomato paste, and all broth seasonings. Cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Now add cashew nut powder, cream, and roast chicken. Stir well. Dilute the broth to the desired consistency with ½ cup of milk and some water.
- Decorate this dish with extra cream, fenugreek leaves, and nuts. Enjoy butter chicken.