Gobi Manchurian Recipe in 12 Steps | Best Gobi Manchurian
Gobi Manchurian recipe (Gobi Manchurian) is a popular Indian cauliflower recipe, fried with hot sweet sauce and umami.
Classic Gobi Manchurian recipe
“The Gobi” in Hindi refers to broccoli, and “Manchurian” refers to a mixture of fried green onions (green onions), chili powder (chili powder), green peppers, ginger, and garlic, soy sauce, tomato paste, and tomato paste Manchurian sauce. chili sauce.
In short, the classic Gobi Manchurian recipe is made with crispy broccoli florets, then deep-fried, and topped with a spicy, sweet, spicy, and umami batter.
Adding tomato sauce will add sweetness to the Manchurian sauce, making it different from the chili sauce we make for Chili Gobi or Chili Paneer. Compared with the Gobi Manchurian recipe, more green peppers are added to the Gobi.
As I mentioned above, there are two ways to make this recipe: the dry version can be eaten as a snack or appetizer, and the clear soup version can be eaten with rice or fried rice with vegetables or noodles. Gobi Manchurian recipe is one of the finest recipes.
My recipe is easy to make, not as spicy as Indian restaurants or street food. If you want, you can add more ginger, garlic and green chilies, and increase the spices and calories in the dish.
About Dry Gobi Manchurian recipe
Frying: In order to reduce fat, I did not deep-fry the guppies’ florets. However, it reduces brittleness. But as a healthy option, I fried guppy in a frying pan. In the Gobi Manchurian recipe, If you want, you can deep-fry the broccoli florets covered in the batter to increase the crispness: Tip: To make the flowers crispier, cut them into small pieces and deep-fry them.
Color: We add a lot of red to the dry Gobi mixture outdoors, no artificial coloring is added here; to get orange, you can increase the content of Kashmiri red pepper powder or Delhi Merch. This will also add some calories and smoky flavor.
No MSG or Ajinomoto: I never add Ajinomoto to any Indochina recipes I prepare at home. If you prefer street-style bait, you can add a bit more.
Soy sauce: Use naturally fermented soy sauce as much as possible. You can also use Bragg Liquid Aminos or Tamari, and use high-quality soy sauce.
Service suggestion: I use this Indian pancake with roti (Indian bread) because we prefer it this way. You can even eat this dish as a snack with dipping sauces (such as Sichuan sauce) or even garlic and chili powder sauce or tomato sauce. You can also roll it into grilled meat, tortillas, nachos, or pita bread, and sprinkle with some grated carrots, cabbage, and onions, and some seasonings. Here is the complete procedure for the Gobi Manchurian recipe.
How to make Gobi Manchurian
1. First, slice or cut guppi (cauliflower) into small and medium flowers. Heat the water with salt and boil it. Rinse the broccoli florets and add them to hot water. Let stand for 15 to 20 minutes, then drain and set aside.
2. In a bowl, mix all the ingredients together to prepare the mixture-1 cup all-purpose flour, 4 tablespoons cornstarch, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon Kashmiri red chili powder, 1 teaspoon Soy sauce, season with salt.
3. Add 1 cup + 1 tablespoon of water and mix the ingredients to form a smooth paste without lumps.
4. Dip each cauliflower into the mixture.
5. Fry the broccoli florets covered with the mixture with hot oil. I fry it in a frying pan and then add about 6 tablespoons of oil. Later, I didn’t add any oil when I fry the shallots, so I could deep-fry them or lightly fry them. It is fried in three batches, so you can fry it all at once or in batches, depending on the size of the frying pan. Frying takes some time, so patience is the key.
6. When one side is cooked and crunchy, turn each floret over, fry the uncooked side, and turn them over twice until the flowers are evenly fried to a slightly golden color.
7. Drain the fried cauliflower on the kitchen flower paper towel.
8. No need to add any oil. In the same pot, add 3 teaspoons of chopped ginger, 3 teaspoons of chopped garlic and 1 teaspoon of chopped green peppers, and then stir for a few seconds.
9. Then add 3/4 cup of chopped green onion (green onion white) and 1/2 cup of chopped chili powder (green pepper), increase the flame, and stir until half of the pepper is soft or almost soft. Then to add, you can add about 1/2 tablespoon of chopped celery.
10. Add 1.5 tablespoons of light soy sauce or 1/2 to 1 tablespoon of soy sauce. You can also add a tablespoon of tomato paste or add 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of powdered black pepper as needed. Mix.
11. Add the fried cauliflower.
12. Mix well, make sure the marinated sauce covers the broccoli, add a teaspoon of rice vinegar or half a teaspoon of white vinegar or apple cider vinegar at the end, stir well, turn off the heat, then mix or decorate the chopped green onions. Apply at the same time with them.
Use dried Gobi Manchurian recipe to get the product as a snack or side dish with steamed rice, vegetable fried rice, Schezwan fried rice, cabbage fried rice, mushroom noodles, or plain noodles.