Best Rava Dosa Recipe in 15 minutes | Crispy & Porous Dosa
Rava Dosa recipe is a popular variety of Dosa in South India. It is crispy, square, and fluffy. It is easy to manufacture and does not require grinding or fermentation.
Rava Dosa is placed on a green plate, next to a bowl of two bowls of bread and coconut paste, on a dark blue-black plate.
The Rava dosa recipe is one of the quick breakfasts I prepare for various occasions. At home, we prefer Rava Dosa, which contains onions and some spices.
Therefore, I usually add onions, ginger, green peppers, and some spices to the mixture. Sometimes I add some chopped cashews. Adding these ingredients can make dosa healthier and more delicious.
Here, I shared the Rava dosa recipe that my mother made without yogurt or yogurt. Use water to make the mixture.
You can even use curd or yogurt instead of water to make a mixture. This Rava dosa recipe can also be cut in half, doubled, or tripled.
What is Rava Dosa Recipe?
Rava is the name of South Indian semolina, and Dosa is a thin Indian crepe, so Rava Dosa is thin and crispy made of semolina. Crepes. To flavor, the pancakes, various spices, and herbs are used, such as ginger, green pepper, and cumin.
How to make Rava Dosa Recipe
Rava Dosa is a fast-prepared dish in which all ingredients are made into a thin mixture, then poured into a hot tray and sprinkled with a lot of oil or ghee to cook, while the finished pancakes are Thin and aromatic. delicious.
The traditional method of making Dosaas is to soak and mix rice and lentils into a batter, then ferment them overnight and then use them. Traditional Dosa making requires some planning, soaking, and fermentation.
This ready-to-eat dosa Rava is an excellent alternative to the traditional version because it can be made immediately without the need to soak, mix and ferment the mixture.
Various types of Rava dosa are produced at the Tiffen Center in Karnataka. Plain, Rava Masala, Onion, Rava Masala, dried fruit, Rava Dosa is one of the most popular fruits, made by filling a potato masala similar to masala dosa.
1. Add 1/2 cup fine Rava (semolina) to a large mixing bowl. I have used non-roasted Rava.
2. Add to the same bowl, 1/2 cup rice noodles, 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (Maeda), 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera), 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper.
3. Next, add 2 to 3 tablespoons of onion (finely chopped), 1 chopped green pepper (skip for children), 6 chopped curry leaves, 2 tablespoons of coriander leaves (chopped), 1 teaspoon of ginger.
4. Add 1 tablespoon of curd (optional). This will make Rava Dosa golden, but you can skip it. Pour 2 1/2 cups of water to make a liquid mixture.
5. Mix well so that the dough is not agglomerated, it should be liquid and watery, seasoned, add salt if necessary, cover the mixture and let it stand for 20 minutes.
6. Heat a non-stick pan or cast-iron frying pan at medium-high temperature. When the pan becomes hot, spray a few drops of oil, then wipe it with chopped onions, kitchen paper towels, or rags, and then wipe off the excess oil. oil.
Adjust the consistency: After resting for a while, the mixture becomes a bit thick, so at this time, please recheck the consistency of the mixture by stirring. If necessary, add more water and mix. It should be wetter. At this stage, I add about 2 to 3 tablespoons per second.
7. Each time the mixture is poured into Rava dosa, it should be stirred well. Make sure the pot is very hot, and then pour the mixture from both ends of the pot. After that, fill in the space between them. Put the batter in one place. If the batter is too thin, you will be trampled on by the large fluffy holes. Once the mixture is poured, lower the flame to a low level.
8. This again makes Dosa Rava a little thin rather than thin, which is how I work most of the time. Reduce the flame to a lower level. Pour 1 teaspoon of margarine or oil around and above the edges.
9. Bake Rava Dosa on low heat until the edges leave the pan. When cooked, the edges of the Raphael sausage will easily come out of the pot. This is when you know it has matured. Okay, shrink it a bit.
10. When you find that all the mixture is complete, fold Rava Dosa and move it to the serving plate. Then turn it over and cook for 30 to 60 seconds, and finally turn it over to make it crispy, not the other side.
Before preparing the next Dosa Rava, make sure the pot is hot enough, then stir the mixture well and pour it on top. The mixture may thicken after a while, just add more water and stir as needed.