Are you ready to accept some Karahi twists? This white chicken curry is easy to prepare and the fingers are well licked. This is the chicken recipe I choose when I want to eat fast food. What else? Everyone likes it!
What is chicken white karahi?
White Karahi is a Pakistani food (roadside restaurant). It’s a white, tomato-free version of the traditional red kale. Enriched with yogurt and cream. The recipe evolved in the hands of restaurant chefs.
This recipe is amazing for the day and even to save face. When you don’t have time to cook or when you have unexpected guests or you are out all day and you don’t want to order because you want home-cooked food. This quick recipe for white karahi never disappoints on such occasions. And did I tell you that kids love it?
Key to delicious white karahi
It is very easy to make white karahi. If you keep these things in mind, you can instantly make a variety of delicious karahi.
- Bone-in chicken: I prefer bone-in chicken to Karahi because the fat released by almonds can enhance the flavor of Karahi. You can also choose other meats, such as lamb or beef, and make karahi in a similar way. The method is the same as that of red meat, and the cooking time is longer. Make sure that the meat is fully cooked before adding the yogurt.
- Wok: The main equipment of karahi is the karahi or the wok itself. The large surface area provided by this bowl adds a lot of flavors. Try to invest in a good non-stick karahi.
- Spice AKA White Karahi Masala: A simple karahi seasoning. The key is roasted and coarsely ground cumin and coriander. The nutty flavor of roasted cumin enhances the taste of karahi. You can always prepare a bottle of pre-ground cumin and coriander seeds to complete some extra last-minute chores.
- Cream: People who hate white chicken need white cream. We use cream and yogurt, both of which are dairy products. If you are looking for non-dairy options, you can also add coconut cream and cashew butter. But this taste will change a bit.
QUICK COOKING TIPS
In the recipe below, I cooked chicken directly. But sometimes, when I have time to plan, I just season the chicken with everything in the recipe, except milk and cream. Then I cooked it until all the masala was fried well, then added the yogurt and performed the remaining steps as is. this is very simple. I especially want to share my pre-soaking skills so that someone can benefit. Try cooking in a pan (karahi), but if you don’t have a pan, you can cook in a large pan or pan, which can have a lot of surfaces.
HOW TO MAKE WHITE KARAHI
- Place the coriander, cumin, and black pepper in a pan to dry. Then it was ground into a slightly coarse powder.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and add chicken pieces. Fry on high heat for 2 minutes, until the pink color fades. When the heat continues to rise, add the garlic paste, ginger, and onion paste. Continue to stir.
- Add the green chili paste and the roasted spices in step 1. (You can see that the spices are neither too thick nor too soft). Boil on high heat for 5 minutes, stirring, until the onion water is dry and the onion turns brown.
- Add yogurt and whole spice powder (garam masala). Cover and cook for 10-15 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the yogurt water is dry.
- The chicken is very tender with a layer of oil on it. Add the cream and cook for 1-2 minutes until it reaches the desired consistency of the broth.
- When a layer of oil separates on top, the white cara is ready. Cut a medium green pepper in half and remove the seeds. Add half of it to the karahi for seasoning, and save the remaining half for garnish.
- Garnish with grated ginger and the remaining half of the chili. Serve with naan, pancake or roast.