Recipe of Palak Paneer | How to cook Palak Paneer
Palak Paneer is the most popular paneer dish in India, Pakistan, or other Asian Countries.
Paneer (also known as Indian cheese) is cooked with spinach (Palak) and spices in this delicious creamy curry.
Let’s have a look, how to cook Best recipe of Palak Paneer in very easy and simple steps.
How to Make Palak Paneer Recipe
Everyone has their own way of making this dish and honestly, I also do it differently every time I cook it. This particular palak paneer recipe is very simple and I would call it a homemade style recipe of palak paneer.
Use basic spices and simple ingredients. For the curry, I first boil the spinach and then puree it. Once the spinach comes to a boil, add it to the ice water. This helps maintain the color of the spinach.
The curry is made with pureed spinach, tomatoes, onions, ginger, and garlic. I use a lot of garlic because spinach and garlic go well together in my opinion.
However, if you’re not a fan, you can cut it down or skip it entirely. Also, you can omit the tomatoes if you like. It will still be great! I often use a plate of homemade paneer for this palak paneer recipe. It really is the best.
How to cook the recipe of palak paneer?
- In a saucepan with boiling water, add a little salt, then spinach leaves. Boil spinach leaves for 2 to 3 minutes until soft.
- Take it out & put palak leaves in cold water. This helps the leaves retain their green color.
- In a blender, add the boiled spinach, tomatoes, 3 cloves of garlic, ginger, and green pepper.
- Make a puree until you get a smooth paste and keep it.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Once it warms up, add the oil and then add 2 chopped garlic cloves. Fry for a few minutes until it starts to change color.
- Then add the chopped onions.
- Cook the onion for 2 to 3 minutes, until it becomes soft and translucent.
- Add spinach and mix it. Also, immediately add about a half cup of water to it. Cover it and leave it for almost 10 minutes on medium heat. The spinach will be very bubbly soon. Now, stir at regular intervals.
- Once the spinach (palak) is cooked, add the garam masala, turmeric powder, red pepper powder, and salt. Now, mix and cook it for a minute. You can also add half a teaspoon of sugar at this point if you like.
- Then add the heavy cream and mix.
- Add the paneer and mix. Let the curry simmer for 4 to 5 minutes in the end.
- Turn off the heat and add the lemon juice and my lemonade and mix.