This is a simple homemade Karahi lamb with homemade seasoning. If you like tomato soup, you will like this, and Karahi Gosht should smell the same as Karahi in an Indian restaurant. Lamb or mutton is used to make karahi and is called “gosht karahi”. This is how you pronounce it, Go-sh-t Ka-raa-hee.
WHAT IS LAMB KARAHI GOSHT?
Karahi Gosht, whether it is lamb, mutton, LAMB KARAHI WITH OR WITHOUT ONION, or chicken, is a traditional Pakistani curry, served with tomato soup and made in a narrow-bottomed frying pan. The Hindi spelling is Kadhai, and the letters “pronounce the letter ‘R’s with a round mouth”.
LAMB KARAHI WITH OR WITHOUT ONION
Now, for the longest time, Karahi fans have been arguing about whether to add onions to Karahi. We don’t add onions to Karahi-style restaurants. But the homemade karahi only adds very little onion to provide a little broth. Ketchup will reduce the lack of ketchup when cooked at high temperatures. However, adding a small onion has all the benefits of tomato and keeps the lamb or mutton tender and smooth, so when you enjoy some meat, you also have some broth to dip your scones.
Best meat and cuts for karachi gosht
Karahi is a versatile dish that can be made with chicken, lamb, fish, and shrimp. Karahi gosht is usually made from bones because of its high-fat content and the juice in the bones makes karahi fingers lick very well. We recommend using one or one leg of lamb for Lam Karahi.
Should you cook lamb karahi in ghee or butter
Ghee is traditionally used in curries and desserts in South Asia and is best suited for it. Lamb Karahi is best cooked with ghee because the smell of ghee and the way it brings out all the flavors surpasses any other fat. Butter is a good alternative to ghee. The best combination of butter and oil. If you are on a low-cholesterol diet, avoid using ghee and butter and switch to low-cholesterol oil. It still tastes great, but the taste is slightly compromised.
Fresh spice mix for lamb karahi
In this recipe, I used a quick spice mix that is very close to store-bought spice mixes. I know that making my spice mixture will increase the trouble. So if you make karahi a lot, double or triple this spice mix and store it in the refrigerator. This makes cooking very fast.
What to serve with karahi?
Karahi tastes best with round naan or garlic naan. But other carbohydrates are also delicious, such as grilled meat bread, crepes, pita, and rice. In addition, the best raita salad and fresh cucumber with lamb karahi.
How to make lamb karahi?
- Put the meat in a saucepan, add ginger, garlic, and chili sauce. Also, add half a cup of water. (If you have ginger, garlic, and chili, just put 2-3 cloves of garlic, 2 chilies (or bait), and 1/2 slice of ginger in a meat grinder or meat grinder. Crush them until finely chopped Add them later and put them on the lamb.) Cover the meat and cook over medium-low heat until cooked, about 15-25 minutes, set aside.
- At the same time, in a frying pan, fry the onions with oil or ghee until translucent. Then add all the spices and cook for one minute. (As shown in the picture, you can pour all the ingredients together, but it’s best to fry the onions first and then add the spices.)
- Prepare tomato puree by mixing 4 tomatoes in a blender. Add fried onion masala. (You can also add roughly chopped tomatoes. The puree works best.) Cover the broth and cook for 5-7 minutes over medium heat.
- Then open the lid and pour out the excess tomato water over medium-high heat until you see the oil on the side of the pot flashing and the broth thickens (rabbit meat). Stir frequently.
- When the broth is cooked, the meat should be half cooked. Add the water in the lamb pot to the tomato soup. (You may have a little water or more.)
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of oil to the lamb and fry for 1-2 minutes until the meat turns brown.
- Add the meat to the onion soup. Also add dried fenugreek leaves, half of the chopped ginger, and a pinch of chili. Cover and cook until the lamb is tender, 10 minutes. (Use your best judgment and adjust the texture of the broth by adding a small amount of water, only when needed. Or, if the broth is thin, scorch the excess water with high heat.)
- Finally, add a little butter and garnish with remaining chili, ginger, and fresh coriander. Serve lamb karahi naan or chapatti or white rice with lemon slices, fresh salad, and raita on the side.