Easy Recipe for Veg Biryani | Cook Veg Biryani in 20 minutes
What is biryani
Simply put, biryani is rice and curry casserole, and curry can be meat or vegetables. Similar to some layered baked pasta, curry is placed in a layer of half-cooked rice later they are roasted or cooked until the rice is fully cooked and absorbs the curry or gravy.
Usually, the meat is marinated and then cooked to make a curry, but for vegetables, there is no need to marinate or season. Biryani is also called biryani and is popular not only in India but also in South Asia.
What is dum cooking
Cooking dummy is also called “dum pukht” or “cooking with dummy”. The fool cooking method comes from Persia. This is a technique or method of slowly cooking food in a closed earthenware pot, in which the food or layers of various ingredients are stored in an earthenware pot or container sealed with wheat flour paste.
Since the pot is tightly sealed, the steam cannot escape from the pot. As a result, the food ingredients or layers are slowly cooked in the steam emitted from the pot and its own juice, making the food very delicious. Top vegan biryani raita yogurt on a white plate in a small white bowl and two spoons on a wooden table. Here is the complete info you want in the recipe for veg biryani.
Recipe for veg biryani
The recipe for veg biryani is one of the best vegetarian Biryani recipes I have ever brought-friends, family and readers have loved it for more than 10 years.
There are hundreds of ways to make recipes for veg biryani, each with its own unique flavors, ingredients, and flavors-but the real recipes I have tried are inspired by my mother’s copy.
Over the years, I have tried this recipe for veg biryani, which contains ingredients in different proportions. In the end, you came up with a perfect recipe that is crazy delicious and makes you ask for more.
I forgot how many times I have prepared this recipe for veg biryani for family, friends, and meetings. It has always been a favorite dish on the table. In my opinion, recipes combined with love and care will always get better!
The clumsy Biryani of this type of vegetable is light, slightly spicy, and very delicious. In the recipe for veg biryani, the delicate flavors of garam masala, caramelized onions, and yogurt are perfectly infused into our vegetable chunks.
Each bite has the taste, flavor, and aroma of Masala, coupled with the unique flavor of vegetables, this is a perfectly balanced dish.
What ingredients should I use?
Rice: I prefer to use aged basmati rice, but ordinary basmati rice is also suitable.
Water: To soak rice and cook vegetables and rice soup, you also need to use Kora (Pandanus extract) or rose water to wrap the vegetables.
Vegetables: The recipe for veg biryani can be made from only one kind of vegetable, or it can be made from several different types of vegetables. I like to add a variety of vegetables when making this vegan dish. In this recipe, I added a mixture of cauliflower, onions, potatoes, carrots, French beans, paprika, mushrooms, and green beans. You can also add eggplant, cabbage, cauliflower, spinach, and kale to your vegan biryani.
Dairy products: margarine or butter, curd and milk.
Nuts: cashews and almonds.
Spices: cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, tig bata (Indian bay leaf), mace, saffron, salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder, chili or red pepper
Other ingredients: Shahjira (coriander seed), raisins (without seeds), ginger, garlic, pepper, coriander or coriander leaves, mint leaves
How to make vegetarian biryani
1. First, wash 1.5 cups of basmati rice (300 grams) in clean water until there is no starch in it. After that, make sure to soak the rice grains in water for 30 minutes. Rinse off.
Tip: If possible, try using old basmati rice or Thira basmati (boiled basmati rice) to make the Hyderabad plant biryani.
2. After the rice is soaked for 30 minutes, drain all the water and set it aside.
3. When soaking the basmati rice, please use this time to prepare other ingredients: first, you need to rinse, peel and chop all the vegetables, which can speed up the cooking process.
What should I use: I used 3 cups of mixed vegetables (including peas), you can choose mixed vegetables as Biryani vegetables.
Onions: Cut large onions into thin slices (about 1 cup of whole onions, cut into thin slices).
Ginger: Chop or crush 10 grams of ginger (two 2-inch slices of ginger or 1.5 tablespoons of chopped ginger), you should get 1 tablespoon of ginger paste.
Garlic: Chop or crush 5 grams of garlic (10-12 medium cloves of garlic or 1 tablespoon of chopped garlic), you will need 1/2 tablespoon of garlic paste.
Chili: Cut 3 to 4 green peppers into small pieces.
Coriander: Chop the coriander leaves and mint leaves. Cut the chopped coriander leaves and mint leaves into 1/3 cup.
4. After all the vegetables are chopped up, it’s time to cook the basmati rice. You can cook the rice in any way-microwave, high-pressure cooking, instant sauce, or pot cooking.
If you cook rice in a pan, use a deep fryer and add 5 cups of water in recipe for veg biryani.
5. When the water gets hot, add all the spices and a teaspoon of salt. This is what you want to add to the vegetarian dury biryani in this step:
- 1 Tej Pata
- 3 green cardamom pods
- 3 petals
- 1 black cardamom
- 1-inch real cinnamon or 1-inch cinnamon cinnamon
- 2 single rods
6. After adding the ingredients, heat the water to boiling.
7. Now it’s time to add vegetable biryani rice to the spice mixture in the pan.
8. After adding the soaked basmati rice, stir gently with a spoon or fork to check the taste of the water and make sure it is slightly salty.
Recipe for veg biryani tip: If the water is a bit salty, add more salt.
9. Do not reduce the heat, and continue to cook the rice grains.
Don’t cook the rice completely
10. The rice should not be fully cooked but should be slightly softened or softened to 75% or 3/4 of the maturity method.
11. Drain the half-cooked rice with a colander, or rinse gently with water until the grains are no longer ripe.
Make vegetable soup
12. In a 2-liter pressure cooker, heat 3 tablespoons of ghee, then add the following spices and fry the whole spices until they are broken. You can also cook vegetable soup in a pan.
- 1 teaspoon Shah jeera (caraway)
- 1 Tej Pata
- 3 green cardamom pods
- 3 petals
- 1 black cardamom
- 1-inch cinnamon
13. Next, add onion slices.
14. Stir the onions and fry them over low to medium heat. The onions may take a long time to soften, so add a little salt to speed up the cooking process.
16. When the onion is soft, pour a cup of curd or curd in a bowl, and then use a spoon or a whisk to beat the curd until smooth.
17. Fry the onions until they turn golden brown or caramel color, and try not to burn them.
Add ginger, garlic and chili paste
18. Add ginger paste, garlic and green pepper slices. You can also cut ginger and garlic into thin slices, or add them if necessary.
19. Fry the mixture for a few seconds until the original smell of ginger and garlic disappears.
20. Add half a teaspoon of turmeric powder and a teaspoon of red pepper or chili powder, and mix well.
21. Then add the chopped vegetables.
21. Mix the vegetables well, and then fry for one to two minutes.
22. Reduce heat, add milkshake or curd, and stir immediately after adding curd.
23. Then add 1/2 cup of water to the pressure cooker, if you decide to cook the vegetables in a pan, add 3/4 cup of water.
24. Season with salt and mix again.
25. Press a whistle on medium heat or 3 to 4 minutes, until it cooks in the pot until the vegetables are soft. Don’t overcook vegetables.
26. When the pressure disappears on its own, remove the cap and check the broth.
If the vegetables are not cooked well, place the pressure cooker on the stove and cover the vegetable biryani broth with low heat until the vegetables are soft.
If there is a lot of water or broth in the broth, please simmer until some of the water is dry. The vegetable broth should be medium or slightly thick and should not be watery.
27. Add two tablespoons of cashews, one tablespoon of raisins, and two tablespoons of almonds (peeled or raw almonds) to the vegetable broth.
Recipe for veg biryani tip: Check the salt and add more salt as needed. You can chop it up before adding nuts.
28. Mix, stir, and set aside.
Saffron dipped in milk
29. When cooking vegetables, heat 4 to 5 tablespoons of milk in a microwave or a small pot on the stove, then add half a teaspoon of saffron shreds, stir and set aside.
Grouping and layers
- Now, in a pot with a thick layer, place the vegetable curry first.
- Then add half of the cooked rice.
- Sprinkle with chopped coriander, mint leaves, and half the milk, cover with saffron.
- Remaining layer of broth.
34- Sprinkle the remaining rice with the remaining coriander leaves (coriander leaves), mint leaves, and saffron milk on your face. You can sprinkle 2 teaspoons of rose water or cola water (pandanus extract) at this stage.
- Seal the pot and secure it with aluminum foil.
- Then cover the pot/pan with a tight lid.
Biryani Milkshake Cooking
- After 30-25 minutes, turn off the heat and check the bottom layer of Biryani with a fork or spoon. There should be no liquid on the floor.
Continue to cook if there is any liquid, rest for 5-7 minutes after cooking, then add Hyderabadi biryani.
When serving vegan biryani, be sure to eat a balanced mixture of vegetables and rice.
What to eat with the recipe for veg biryani?
A recipe for veg biryani is better in many ways. Biryani is usually accompanied by raita (yogurt dipping sauce), which can be a simple raita onion or a mixture of onions, tomatoes, and cucumbers.
Although we personally like Cucumber Raita, Onion Tomato Raita, and Boondi Raita, you can enjoy Biryani in any delicious Raita you like.
You can also pair it with tomato sauce salad (onion and tomato salad), pure curd, mango kimchi, or some thinly sliced lemon or roasted papaya.
Usually, in Hyderabad, the recipe for veg biryani is served with Mirchi ka Salan (green chili curry) and raita. If desired, you can consume Biryani with a simple Shorba soup.
You can also enjoy the recipe for veg biryani as is, without any aspect or any accompaniment.
Keep the rest of the biryani in the refrigerator for only one day, and then reheat the steam in a frying pan or quick pan for 5 minutes. You can even stir the vegetable biryani a little while stirring repeatedly in a pan or frying pan until preheated or preheated. heat.