Simple, healthy, and versatile Pakistani chickpea salad, Aloo Chana Chaat. One snack is filling, and you’ll never be bored.
Aloo chana chaat salad is Pakistani street food and is a complete meal in itself. This is a different kind of chana chaat with potatoes.
If you still want to know what is aloo chana chaat, chana means chickpeas and aloo means potato. The salad is sprinkled with sweetened yogurt, sour sauce, onions, and herbs. In other words, each bite tastes more like a hint of taste and texture.
Take a look at the composition and accompaniment of Chana Chat. I know there are many, and it seems that there is a lot of work.
- Hummus: Most people start making chaat with canned or pre-cooked chickpeas in the refrigerator because it takes a long time for chickpeas to soak and boil. Instead, I prefer to cook large amounts of chickpeas and then freeze them in small portions for easy topping on homemade preservative-free coriander.
- Vegetables and herbs: Potatoes, onions, tomatoes, and parsley are salads that are almost ready to use, and it takes almost no effort to assemble.
- Tamarind paste: I prefer to prepare a lot of tamarind paste. You can store it in the refrigerator for several months. I shared a small quick recipe here, but any imli sauce should be good.
- More accompaniment: French fries like kurkure are innovative ingredients, while chili powder and swordfish are always added to the chaat to make every bite more crunchy. All of these are easily available in the snack section of Indian shops.
How to make aloo chana chaat
- Very thin chickpea soup is a prerequisite for delicious aloo chana chaat. Chaat should be juicy, not dry. So make sure the chickpeas and potatoes have a little water or broth after they are cooked together.
- First, make the basic chana broth. Just add the spices and potatoes to the pan and add a little water. Let it cook until the potatoes are tender. (Hint: If you make chickpeas from scratch, chickpeas are a natural starch soup. Sometimes I add a little onion to the broth. If you use canned chickpeas, add a little (1 tablespoon) gram of flour, which will It helps to get the appearance of the second photo, which is essential for homogenous and delicious chaat.)
- This is a simple and simple imli sauce that can be made immediately, but making a larger batch like tamarind sauce after tamarind sauce and dates makes more sense for those who like snacks.
- This is just sweet yogurt with chaat masala. If you use thicker Greek yogurt, you can dilute it with water to get the consistency of the pour.
- Once the aloo chana is cooked and you have all the accompaniments ready, just set up your chaat booth and shout out “chat wala” “chat khalu”.
- To assemble the chaat bowl, first place the aloo chana on the bottom, and the imli sauce and yogurt on the top. Then add onions, tomatoes, coriander, peppers, lemon, and chaat masala at the end. Some people add spicy green grass sauce and sweet red sauce, but I think this recipe will make the recipe a bit complicated, without it, it will taste great.