Oh yes! You read that right. Tandoori Indian Veg Fajitas Recipe! Fajitas are the perfect party food. Marinated grilled chicken with crunchy vegetables and hot tortilla bread. What don’t you like
This is my view of traditional Indian or South Asian dishes, where chicken is marinated with milk and spices. (The recipe can be halved.)
Ingredients Tandoori Indian Veg Fajitas Recipe
- FOR THE MARINADE:
- 1 cup Plain Greek Style Yogurt
- ¼ teaspoons Kosher Salt
- ¼ teaspoons Ground Black Pepper
- 4 teaspoons Smoked Paprika
- ½ teaspoons Cayenne Pepper
- ¼ teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 4 cloves Garlic, Peeled And Minced
- ⅓ cups Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice (about 2 Small Lemons)
- FOR THE CHICKEN:
- 2-½ pounds Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts (about 6)
- 16 whole Small Tortillas
- 3 whole Sweet Bell Peppers (1 Red, 1 Orange, 1 Yellow)
- 1 whole Large Onion
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
How To Make Tandoori Indian Veg Fajitas Recipe
Prepare the Marinade:
- Put yogurt, salt, pepper, smoked paprika, paprika, cinnamon, and cumin in a large zippered storage bag.
- Add minced garlic and fresh lemon juice to the bag. Before closing the bag, shake the contents of the bag and stir until the seasonings are fully integrated.
Prepare the chicken:
- Process the chicken breasts one at a time and place the chicken breasts between the two layers of plastic wrap on the cutting board.
- Tap the breast with the flat side of the meat mallet until it is 1 inch thick (start in the middle and work outward).
- Put the chicken breast in the seasoning bag.
- Repeat the process with the remaining chicken breasts until they are flat and add the marinade.
- Seal the saline bag to ensure that most of the air is removed from the bag.
- Stir well and coat all the chicken breasts with the marinade.
- Place a bag of chicken flat on the plate and put it in the refrigerator for 2-4 hours.
- When you are ready to cook, remove the chicken from the marinade and discard any remaining marinade.
- Roast the chicken over medium heat for 12 minutes, or until it is fully cooked, be sure to turn it over several times. The cooking speed of each grill is different, so pay attention to your chicken! (I bake on one side for 2 minutes, then turn the chicken over, bake for another 2 minutes, then turn the chicken back on the first side, bake for another 4 minutes, then flip the other side, and bake the other side for another 4 minutes, or until cooked.)
- When finished, let the chicken sit on the cutting board for 3 minutes.
- After resting, cut the chicken into ½-inch strips against the direction of the grain.
- When serving, place the chicken strips on a layer of tortillas, put a spoonful of fried vegetables, and decorate the fajitas with your favorite seasonings, such as salsa, sour cream, cheese, and guacamole.
- Or serve grilled chicken breast with a large salad.
- Pepper pulp and seeds.
- Cut the pepper lengthwise into 2 cm wide strips (called “shredded”).
- Cut the roots and ends of the onion into quarters and layer them.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium to high flame.
- Fry the peppers and onions in a frying pan for 5-6 minutes, or keep stirring until soft.
- Take out the vegetables in the bowl and serve with the chicken strips.